Grilled pork steaks with an Italian twist.
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 garlic clove, chopped
1 large onion, sliced
14oz/400g can tomatoes
2 teaspoons yeast extract (Marmite)
4 pork loin steaks, about 4½oz/125g each
2¾oz/75g black olives, pitted
2 tablespoons fresh basil, shredded
Freshly grated Parmesan cheese to serve
Heat the oil in a large skillet. Add the onions and garlic and cook, stirring, for 3-4 minutes or until they just begin to soften.
Add the tomatoes and yeast extract to the pan and leave to simmer for about 5 minutes or until the sauce starts to thicken.
Cook the pork steaks, under a preheated grill, for 5 minutes on both sides, until the meat is golden and cooked through. Set the steaks aside and keep warm.
Add the olives and fresh basil to the sauce in the pan and stir quickly to combine.
Transfer the steaks to warmed plates. Top with the sauce, sprinkle with freshly grated Parmesan and serve immediately with green vegetables.
Next Time: Tips: Saving Time and Money
- Blog Post: Grill guide: make your summer sizzle (buzz.snow.com)
- How to Grill the Perfect Burger, Pork Chop, BBQ Chicken and More (williams-sonoma.com)
- Super Easy Romano Pork Chops (foodservicewarehouse.com)
- Grilled Foods & Beer: A Pairing Guide (williams-sonoma.com)
- Grilling with an Italian Accent (jovinacooksitalian.com)
- Healthy Seasoning Blend Recipes (enlightenedlotuswellness.com)
- Ground Pork Pesto Burger w/ Baked Baked Steakhouse Seasoned Griller Potatoes (beatcancer2010.wordpress.com)
- Get grilling with burger, steak and pork roast recipes (lfpress.com)
- Sesame soy sauce (culinaryengineering.me)